I have been on a quest to find the perfect pack to carry all my flies and accessories. I have been through several types of fly packs. I have done vests, chest packs and fanny packs. Each has their down falls and benifits. I have found vests to be too hot and bulky in the summer and just to cumbersome to fly fish and cast in. I have tried the chest packs, even the William Joseph Access Chest Pack. I disliked Chest Packs because they hindered my casting ability and tend to be in the way when moving, casting and I was always seem to tangeling my line up on them.
I have always gone back to the fanny pack. You can swing it around in front when you want to change a fly or tippet and swing back out of your way when you are done. The don't get in the way of your casting at all and they are not hot in the summer time.
My problem was finding a fanny pack big enough to handle all my fly fishing gear during a long day trip and yet not be too cumbersome to keep from moving around freely. I have gone through at least 8 different packs and vests trying to find the best one.
I used the pack for a few weeks and then turned around and ordered another one for when I go smallmouth fishing. I have one for trout and one for smallmouth fishing now. It saves me changing all the stuff out, plus at the price I got it, I basically got 2 for the price of 1. As far as I am concerned I have finally found the perfect pack....of course they always discontinue everything I like, isn't that how it always goes though.
Details and Specifications:
- Capacity: 835 ci--Fits 5 large streamer boxes in main compartment
- Dimensions: 8-½x14x8”
- Weight: 1 lb 2 oz
- Colors: Copper and Evergreen
- Front pocket provides a fold down work station with molded foam fly port
- Built dual Stainless Spectra Retractors
- Super light, super strong 900 Denier fabric
- Airtrack Suspension keeps you cool and dry by allowing fresh air to pass freely
- Split design hip belt rides around your hipbone instead of on top
- Multiple lash points - for those little extras
- William Joseph TCS (Tippet Control System)
- Dual water bottle holders